Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Never Trump

The Spectral Zone's photo.














So. . . . guys. Fair warning:  I'm gonna be talking about politics in here for the next few months. Don't worry, I'll keep up the fun autism anecdotes and pictures of my startlingly good looking children, but there will also be a healthy dose of left wing politics. If you don't want to hear it, feel free to hide me from your timeline for a while. I don't have much (okay, any) real influence, but in the spirit of doing what I can, I'll write about political issues when I have time.

Trump cannot, I repeat, CANNOT become president. Somehow the Republicans have managed to dog whistle their way into becoming the type of party where outright racism, homo/transphobia, and xenophobia are actual successful strategies for garnering a majority vote. And that's fine, I suppose (we'll never get rid of all the racists in this country) so long as we don't allow this country to follow that example.

A lot of us have disabled kids or relatives. Take a good look at this picture and tell me how well you think they'll fare with this jackass in charge. This is not who we are. Let's make sure that it isn't who we become.

No comments: